ActiveViam has an ongoing need for Java software engineers to join our expanding Professional Services and Consulting teams in London. We need bright and enthusiastic software engineers to work on projects that use state-of-the-art software to solve the most demanding problems in such areas as Market Risk, Liquidity Management and Credit Risk. You will have the opportunity to work all over the world and to take responsibility for the delivery of successful projects and for the design of creative and imaginative solutions for our customers which includes most of the major banks, hedge funds and exchanges.
ActiveViam is expanding its Professional Services and Consulting teams. Are we looking for you?
You should hold a degree in Math, Science, Engineering or Computer Science and be able to demonstrate good communication skills and clear analytical thinking.
As a software/senior software engineer at ActiveViam your career will expose you to many exciting and challenging areas:
Research & Development
- Working as a developer on our Accelerator programme, building high-profile and highly performant ActivePivot projects that fast-track customer projects in a number of banking and financial use-cases
- Creating tools around ActivePivot to showcase its features.
- Working with and helping our clients with their ActivePivot project implementations, upgrades and support.
- You could be working with a client in their office at one of the major capitals in Europe.
- Producing and delivering training to clients
Presales and business development
- Assisting the sales team as part of the pre-sales lifecycle
- Responsible for maintaining and delivering our many demonstration systems, making sure they contain the latest features
- Working on proof of values and proof of concepts (PoV/PoC) for clients in Europe
- Working with R&D in London, Paris and New York to define/refine/test new features
What we offer
- A friendly and collaborative team in an awesome new office in the West End of London.
- World leading platform that pushes Java and the JVM to its limits - check out some of our blog posts and talks from JavaOne
- Wide variety or roles, but always very much technically focussed.
- Fruit in the office, Deliveroo Friday lunchtime meetings, regular drinks/social events (20/20 cricket, cocktail/wine tasting nights)
- Larger events such as a summer garden party, winter seminar in the French Alps (previous ski trips to Tignes, La Clusaz, Chamonix, Meribel)
- Competitive salary, private medical insurance, season ticket loan
What we’re looking for
- Intermediate/advanced Java knowledge (Java8, concurrency, Spring, Tomcat/Jetty)
- A good degree in a STEM subject
- A passion for software development and technology
- A flexible person who is happy to be involved with all stages of software development
- A problem solver and analytical thinker - our use-cases include large distributed applications and quantitative finance calculations
Nice to haves
- Experience of OLAP cubes and MDX
- Familiarity of Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GGP etc)
- Familiarity of financial markets and risk